If you are in Melbourne you will be in the same boat as us here…gyms closed feeling like a kick in the teeth.
If you are in other states you might be transitioning back into the gym but the challenges may still be coming.
Training for us is so much more than training. It is our out, it is our space away from work and reprieve from responsibilities.
Alongside this, we also like to move forward, to set goals and achieve them. It makes us feel confident & capable when we do. It empowers us to want to do more and to challenge ourselves.
It can feel so hard to think about goals when life is throwing challenge after challenge. Sometimes this can make us think “why bother!”. If I don’t set goals or don’t feel in a position to do so, I won’t progress forward so stuff it.
So what can we do with our health & fitness goals when there is no capacity to set tangibles?!
The thing is, moving forward does not automatically mean you need to do more things.
Stripping back is often the best answer.
Whether your goals are strength related or body composition related (or both), these big rocks will help you ten fold and take some of the mental load off:
1. Sleep: prioritise your sleep. Every day.
This link from our gal Anna has some great tips to help you:
2. Hit your minimum frequency: don’t overload your training sessions. More strength training is not always better in this case. Training is a physical stress to the body. If lifestyle stress is already high, we need to match our frequency to respect what is happening overall. If 2-3x days compared to 4x days feels more manageable right now, go with that!
3. Get outside and walk. Get outside and enjoy the peace and quiet.
4. Limit your screen time: no one needs to see the highlight reels when they are feeling down. Limit your media use and find some other good things to nurture yourself with.
5. Focus on nutritious foods to make you feel good. Prioritise adequate vegetable and protein intake.
6. Hit the H2O. Drink until you pee clear!
Work with your challenges instead of against them gal x
Wanting to train to feel good 👩💪, not just because society tells us to?
Two ways we can help you: