Thai Green Curry
Serves 2 (generous portions)
One nob of crushed garlic
Your favourite curry paste - bought at any supermarket (look for one that has a lower sodium and sugar content - there can be some nasty ones!)
Washed/chopped vegetables of choice ( we like using potatoes, broccoli, green beans)
Protein of choice (chicken, tofu, beef)
400ml coconut milk
Rice or quinoa to serve
1tsp vegetable oil
1. Wash your potatoes (no need to peel - skin is packed with nutrients) and steam until just tender.
2. In a hot wok, add your oil and garlic. Don't let this brown too much or it creates a burnt flavour.
3. Add 1tbs of curry paste and cook for 1minute to develop flavours
4. Add 400ml of coconut milk and bring to the boil.
5. Turn down to a simmer and add choice of protein.
6. Once Cooked- add your vegetables and let simmer for a few extra minutes.
Serve with rice, quinoa or enjoy on its own
**TIP - prep quinoa for the week ahead rather than rice. Rice is the greatest hazard for food poisoning and if eaten a day after cooking should be heated to over 60 degrees and for a duration of time. Quinoa doesn't have this same risk and is also a great source of fiber and protein.